About Ally Source
Ally Source is a metasearch engine, aggregating the results of other search engines while not storing information about its users.
The project is driven by an open community,
Make SearXNG better.
- You can improve SearXNG translations at Weblate, or…
- Track development, send contributions, and report issues at SearXNG sources.
- To get further information, visit SearXNG’s project documentation at SearXNG docs.
Why use it?
- Ally Source may not offer you as personalized results as Google, but it doesn’t generate a profile about you.
- Ally Source doesn’t care about what you search for, never shares anything with a third-party, and it can’t be used to compromise you.
If you do care about privacy, want to be a conscious user, or otherwise believe in digital freedom, make Ally Source your default search engine or run it on your own server!
How do I set it as the default search engine?
OpenSearch. For more information on changing your default search engine, see your browser’s documentation:
- Microsoft Edge - Behind the link, you will also find some useful instructions for Chrome and Safari.
- Chromium-based browsers only add websites that the user navigates to without a path.
Ally Soure is a fork from the well-known searx metasearch engine which was inspired by the Seeks project. It provides basic privacy by mixing your queries with searches on other platforms without storing search data. SearXNG can be added to your browser’s search bar; moreover, it can be set as the default search engine